The CIGRE Paris Session is a leading international event in the power industry, gathering worldwide experts to discuss and learn about the industry’s future. CIGRE Session 2024 will take place from 25th August to 30th August 2024 at the Palais des Congrès in Paris. It will provide delegates with the chance to showcase the latest solutions across the whole value chain, from generation to distribution.
As part of the CIGRE Session 2024 in Paris, the Young Member (YM) showcase is a unique opportunity for young professionals to present their work to leading experts from all around the world. Representatives will be selected for nomination by assessment of a full technical paper and presentation competition. Those selected will be funded to attend the session.
The NGN Committee of CIGRE UK National Committee is delighted to invite you to listen to our six shortlisted candidate giving a 10-minute virtual presentation to a panel of senior CIGRE-UK members and an audience of NGN members.
The Candidate and topics are:
1. Impact of Cellulose Degradation on Space Charge Dynamics and Conductivity of Synthetic Ester Liquid-Impregnated Kraft Paper Insulation – Mr. Abdelrahman Alshehawy
2. Phased Approach to MTDC: Proposed integration of DC Circuit Breakers in a DC Switching Station facilitating a partially selective protection scheme – Mr. David Devoy
3. Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Cathode Spots Formation and Contact Erosion in Vacuum Circuit breakers – Mr. Haonan Yang
4. The Utilisation of Bus-Section Reactors to Increase Distribution Network Hosting Capacity: Challenges and Recommendations – Mr. Mark Kent
5. Potential for GW-scale Substations Volume Reduction Moving from HVDC to MVDC using Superconducting Cable Technology – Mr. Sebastian Neira
6. Refurbishment Strategies and Considerations for HVDC Stations – Ms. Sunyoung Lim
This is a hybrid event. Delegate attending in person are welcomed to Cardiff University | Queen’s Buildings – East Building, 5 The Parade, Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 3AA, Room S1.41.
Delegates who register to attend online will be sent their Cisco Webex invite with the call login details 2-3 working days prior to the event date.
12:00 – 13:00 Arrivals, Networking and Lunch – In person attendees only
13:00 – 13:15 Welcoming and introduction to Cardiff, CIGRE and CIGRE NGN – All attendees
13:15 – 14:45 Candidate Presentations – all attendees
14:45 – 15:00 Closing and Decisions – all attendees