NGN Elections 2019
Nominations for the NGN Steering Committee
There is now a great opportunity for NGN members to join the CIGRE UK NGN Steering Committee!
The following NGN positions are open for elections with the final vote taking place at our AGM on Wednesday the 13th November:
- Chair (2 year term) – who chairs the NGN Steering Committee and has the overall responsibility for all NGN activities
- Vice Chair (1 year term) – who supports the Chair in executing their responsibilities.
- Secretary & Treasurer (1 year term) – responsible for arranging and recording NGN meetings, and for managing the NGN’s budget.
- Communications Lead (1 year term) – responsible for the NGN’s communications, including the CIGRE-UK newsletter, the website, and social media.
These roles are vital to the continued progression of the NGN as well as offering you opportunities for professional development, exposure within the industry and interaction with the wider CIGRE community (for example, by attending the Paris Session and participating in CIGRE UK’s Executive Working Groups).
To nominate yourself for one of these roles, please email the NGN Chair by Friday 18th October indicating which role you are interested in and providing a candidate statement, which must include:
Name, organisation, job role.
- Email address and contact telephone number.
- Motivation for nominating yourself.
- Suitability for nominated position.
- Any previous relevant experience, including other positions held in the NGN.
- Please also attach a photo of yourself.