Members (Individual and Collective) of CIGRE UK joined our General Meeting Day on Tuesday 22nd November with took place at the IET Austin Court Birmingham, and was followed by a series of Technical Sessions provided by our Study Committee Regular Members and colleagues.
The NGN (Next Generation Network) held its section AGM and the CIGRE UK Executive Team met ahead of the main AGM (by invitation). All the meetings were free to attend. Members were encouraged to attend in person but for those that could not do so, the general meetings and technical sessions were broadcast via WebEx. The technical material can be below (just click on the presentation title). Following the meetings a number of colleagues joined a Networking Dinner which took place at The Bank Bar & Grill restaurant. The Dinner was kindly sponsored by Jupiter Intelligence.
AGM Presentation & Draft Minutes
Distinguished Member Awards
A highlight of the AGM was six well deserved Distinguished Member Awards, nominated by CIGRE UK, awarded by CIGRE and presented by CIGRE UK Chair, Mark Waldron.
The recipients that were able to attend the AGM were Simon Ryder (top left),Leslie Falkingham (bottom left), Simon Neve (centre), Alan Wilson (top right) and Elizabeth MacKenzie (bottom left). For more information about the recipients click here.
Technical Session (Part 1 Study Committees A&C)
- Summary of SC A2 Special Report “PS2: Beyond the oil-immersed transformers and reactors”: Prof Zhongdong Wang, University of Exeter/ Elizabeth Mackenzie, Threepwood Consulting
- SC A3 update and New RM Introduction: Dr Tony Chen University of Manchester/Matt Iles, NGET
- “The impact of climate change on infrastructure resilience: Defining metrics for decision making”: Stuart Large, Jupiter Intelligence
- SC C6 update and New RM Introduction: Prof. Jun Liang, University of Cardiff
- “Converter Driven Oscillation in Power Systems with High Penetration of Renewables” Paris Session 2022 SC C4-PS3-10202: Dr Spyros Karamitsos, Scottish Power Renewable/Prof. Jun Liang, University of Cardiff
Technical Session (Part 2 Study Committees B&D)
- Summary of B3 Special Reports “PS1. Increased impact of clean energy transition on Substation design/ PS2. Sustainability Management Challenges in Substations/ PS3. Integration of Intelligence on Substations”: Dr Mark Osborne, NGET
- SC D1 Update and New RM Introduction: Dr Thomas Andritsch, University of Southampton
- “Enhanced Distance Relay To Meet The New Challenges From Inverter Based Resources” Paris Session 2022, SC B5: Dr. Venkatesh Chakrapani, GE
- SC D2 Update and New RM Introduction: Dr Thomas Charton, NGET
- CIGRE Study Committee Liaison and Joint Activities: Prof. Gareth Taylor, University of Brunel