1. We are CIGRE UK, a national professional association for the Power System Industry, affiliated with CIGRE, a global organisation based in Paris. We are the Controller in respect of your personal data.
We can be contacted at the email address email@example.com
2. The personal data we collect consists of names and contact details of individuals and individuals who represent member organisations. We collect your personal data for the following primary purpose(s):
· to receive applications for membership of CIGRE UK;
· to maintain records of membership;
· to communicate with CIGRE itself;
· to send promotional communications to members;
· to offer and administer events;
· to conduct surveys of members.
3. The legal basis for processing your personal data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of CIGRE UK, of CIGRE and of our Collective (Corporate) members, and we take the view that data subjects rights and freedoms and interests do not override those legitimate interests (indeed, in all cases, the two sets of interests are aligned).
4. The recipients or categories of recipients of your personal data are:
· the elected volunteers who manage our National Committee;
· CIGRE itself;
· in certain circumstances, processor companies who provide email, event or survey services for us (in those cases, we provide the minimum information possible to them, and have entered into appropriate processor arrangements).
5. We do not intend to transfer your personal data outside of the UK or European Economic Area, except where we use processor companies as referred to in 4.
6. Your personal data will be stored by CIGRE UK for so long as you are a member and for one year thereafter. However, CIGRE itself does keep details of members (including members of CIGRE UK) beyond that time, in order, where appropriate, to provide information, such as offers, which might be of interest to non-members. If you would prefer us to tell CIGRE not to hold your details after your membership expires, please let us know, and we will ask them to delete those details.
7. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or to restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of the data as well as the right to data portability.
8. If we are relying on your consent to process data (for instance if we have received your consent to send you electronic direct marketing), you may withdraw your consent at any time by giving notice to us.
9. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the manner in which or otherwise in respect of the manner in which we process your personal data.
10. Your provision of personal data to us is not a contractual or legal requirement. However, if you do not supply your personal data to us we may not be able to provide CIGRE membership to you/your employer.