Jicable HVDC’21 organizes a Young Researchers Contest
“NGN Members active in the UK B1 community who have an interest in HVDC cable systems should note that the Jicable HVDC 2021 Conference has just released a call for submissions to the Young Researcher Contest.
Historically, a value of Jicable is to motivate and promote research on HVDC cable systems. The Organization Committee of HVDC’21 has set up the Young Researchers Contest to encourage the participation of students and young researchers.
Full-time engineering and science university researchers and Ph.D. students are all invited to submit abstracts of their research work. The topic of the abstract must fall within one of the program categories listed below. Students and researchers whose abstracts are selected will be invited to present their papers and answer questions at HVDC’21
There are cash prizes for the best 3 submissions, see details below. This is the third edition of the conference, and there have been UK prize winners in the past.
For more background information please follow the links below or reach out to our B1 Regular Member Dr James Pilgrim (email@example.com)”
Topics for the Young Researchers Contest
1. New materials for HVDC cable systems and converter devices
2. Materials (cables and accessories) characterization (electric, physical and chemical)3. Physical phenomena associated with interfaces
4. Space charge measurements (interfaces and materials)
5. Ageing and reliability
6. Simulation and digital models
7. Transient overvoltage (TOV) studies and models
8. Static and dynamic mechanical studies on cable systems
9. Emerging HVDC fully insulated transmission systems.
Papers will be reviewed by a jury during the symposium.
The authors of the three best Papers / Posters will receive prizes respectively of:
First prize €1,500 Second prize €1,000 Third prize €500
Young Researchers Contest: Important dates
- Submission for abstracts: May 1st
- Notification of acceptance: June 1st
- Submission for full papers: October 1st