HOW TO JOIN A WORKING GROUP
CIGRE UK actively encourages expressions of interst in joining new/ existing Working Groups. This page seeks to guide prospective members through the (simple!) process.
Step 1. See list below of all Study Committees – click on the Study Committee of interest in order to see which Working Groups are currently active
If you are in any doubt about the work of a Study Committee, each Study Committee publishes a Strategic Plan which gives an overview of their work and emerging themes which you can also access via the links below.
Step 2. Click here to navigate to the page which contains a list of e-mail addresses of the UK Regular Member for each Study Committee. E-mail the Regular Member who represents the Study Committee to which the Working Group of interest belongs expressing your interest. In the unlikely event that you do not receive a reply promptly, please contact the CIGRE UK Secretary who will contact the Regular Member on your behalf (such a situation could arise if your e-mail is incorrectly identified as “spam” by the internet service provider of the Regular Member).
The Terms of Reference of Working Groups reporting to each Study Committees of CIGRE can be accessed using the links below:
- Study Committee A1 (Rotating Electrical Machines)
- Study Committee A2 (Transformers)
- Study Committee A3 (High Voltage Equipment)
- Study Committee B1 (Insulated Cables)
- Study Committee B2 (Overhead Lines)
- Study Committee B3 (Substations)
- Study Committee B4 (HVDC and Power Electronics)
- Study Committee B5 (Protection and Automation)
- Study Committee C1 (System Development and Economics)
- Study Committee C2 (System Operation and Control)
- Study Committee C3 (System Environmental Performance)
- Study Committee C4 (System Technical Performance)
- Study Committee C5 (Electricity Markets and Regulation)
- Study Committee C6 (Distribution Systems and Dispersed Generation)
- Study Committee D1 (Materials and Emerging Test Techniques)
- Study Committee D2 (Information Systems and Telecommunication)